Thursday, August 23, 2012

Similarities and Differences- The Life of Being Pregnant

The most common question that I get asked this pregnancy is how it is different or similar from Hannah....I wish there was a way to insert a "T-Chart" into Blogger....and I am sure that there probably is- but Blogger and I are still fighting and so for now I will just list them in a boring format:
 
Similarities: Hiccups, Heartburn, Uncomfortable, Still not the type of person to "like" being pregnant
 
Differences: Goes WAY quicker, Get huger faster, Moves a heck of a lot more, More moody in the sense of angry and annoyed this time (I am blaming it on the testosterone) with Hannah I was more emotional- could cry at the drop of anything, Hungrier.
 
It's funny how much quicker it goes the second time- I never even know what week I am on and with Hannah, I was studying the books each week knowing exactly what was developing. (Poor man is already being neglected!) Today I had my second glucose test because I failed my first one by a few points. I failed my first one with Hannah too, but passed the second with flying colors....so I am hoping for the same turn-out. My arms look like that of a drug addict because they can never find my veins. I was poked over ten times today for 4 blood samples. (Glad it's over.)
 
In other pregnancy news- he's an active little man (all the time). I continue to get bigger by the second. I am 5 pounds away from the heaviest weight that I was with Hannah- granted I started out heavier this time it sends me into enough of an emotional melt-down to reach for the nearest box of doughnuts. (Have I told you that that is my stinking craving this time?!.....why can't I be one of those girls who craves ice cubes?!....dang those skinny b's.) It's hard being big and chasing after a toddler. It prompted me to create a list:
 
You Know You Are Nearing the End of Your Pregnancy When...
1. You are jealous of your daughter's Velcro shoes because tying your shoes is a workout that requires you to sit down and make it look way harder than it actually is just to pull some sympathy points out from your husband.
2. Every time something is dropped on the ground you have an internal debate with yourself of just how important it is that it be picked up. Example: I dare you to enter our house. I am the one who picks up Hannah's toys...and I am just saying- her toys are NOT important enough for me to raise my heart rate by bending over 10 times again and again.
3. I wish that there was a little railing attached to the side of my bed to not only help me out of bed each morning but also the 3 times that I have to get up throughout the night to use the bathroom.
4. I could use one of those little chairs attached to a staircase that is connected to a track (you know you've seen them in old people's commercials!) to help guide my over sized body up the stairs while holding my 33 pound two year old because frankly, it's sad that I require a "cool down" period after mountaineering myself up. (Don't even get me started about when I am ALL the way in the basement and have to run up to the bedroom floor. Thank God the kitchen is in route so I can stop and grab a doughnut glass of water.
5. Lastly, I am hesitant to go to the fair because I am afraid that I will be the victim of people's people watching. The huge pregnant lady stuffing her face with deep fried pickles....yep, doesn't get more cliche' than that!
 
I am sure that I could keep going. I just really dislike how much I slow down in the end of my pregnancies. It's much more evident with Hannah running laps around me and wanting piggyback and horsey rides all the time.
 
 
In more positive news, Little man's room is coming along. Justin gave up on doing it himself. He gets frustrated and doesn't have much of an eye for how colors, fabrics, and themes should fit together. (After hearing his ideas, it's a good thing he asked for help!) One of his ideas was pinning up baseball posters and peppering in a few other posters of sports illustrated swimsuit girls. So needless to say, instead, we have worked as a team- he told me what he wanted for theme and colors (not naked girls)and I took it and ran with it. I will post some photos soon- we are just finishing up on a few last touches.
 
Okay- I finally blogged about little man. Just because I am not posting weekly updates doesn't mean that we are not just as excited about the arrival of baby brother. Saying that we cannot wait and are getting super excited is an understatement. Baby boy, your daddy cannot wait to have another guy around here!

No comments: