Monday, September 3, 2012

Daddy-Love

 
This past weekend Justin and I spent a night in Stillwater, kid-free....well, kinda- as kid-free as possible. I suppose technically, little man was still with us. :) We shopped, dined, and stayed at the historic Lowell Inn. The best part for me was talking to Justin. Like actually sitting face-to-face with no interruptions talking to him.
Every anniversary we each make a goal for the next year. My goal for our relationship this past year was to pay more attention to Justin. (Although Hannah never "replaced" Justin, there were times over her birth year when the poor man was feeling neglected. Oops.) But I created a goal, worked on it and fixed that little problem! This year Justin and I created a goal together:
 
Make sure (that with two kids) to still make time for US.
 
It may be a little harder (and more stress on the grandparents!) but it is so important to us to get away, even if it is just dinner.
 
So back to why I posted the photo above for this blog post.
Well because, in all of our talking Justin informed me that he wants to start a new tradition with the kids. Just him and each child- no mama. He said that starting next summer with Hannah (when the kids are three years old) he wants each child to have a special "Daddy-Day" on the calendar. Their own day just to have their daddy all to themselves. A day where he takes off of work in the summer and spends his time doing all sorts of special things with just one child.
 
I know that Hannah and her brother are going to feel so special on their "Daddy-Day" and they should, because they have one pretty rad dad.
 
 
 
 

No comments: